1. Our vision
To be a Meteorological Service that is highly efficient and effective, customer and employee focused.
Team work,Integrity,Customer Focus and Innovation (TICI).
Users shall always access reliable weather and climate information that meet standards set by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO),the International Civil Aviation Organizational (ICAO) and at both Regional and National Levels.
We are committed to continually improve our Quality Management System (QMS) through ISO 9001:2015.
1. To acquire one upper air observing station by 2026;
2. To increase weather forecast accuracy from 83% (2022) to 84% by the Fiscal Year 2023/2024;
3. To ensure at least 80% of weather and climate products by time and range are disseminated on
time at required frequencies;
4. To Maintain regularly METEO RWANDA infrastructures and upgrade them progressively to the
5. To maintain compliance with the ISO 9001 standard and other regulatory and statutory
2. Our Mission:
The mission of METEO RWANDA is to provide accurate weather and climate information on time for the socioeconomic development and well-being of the population.
METEO RWANDA has the following responsibilities:
- to provide hydro-meteorological information such as weather forecasts, climate data, analysis, reanalysis, climate projections, early warnings of extreme weather events, advisories and any relevant meteorological information and related service for the benefit of all socio-economic development sectors;
- to guide and assist public, private entities and individuals to integrate weather and climate information into their short and long-term investments for their productivity and sustainability
- to provide aeronautical meteorological services and information through air navigation services;
- to establish and maintain the national meteorological data center and telecommunication system for the provision and rapid exchange of weather and climate data information in accordance with guidelines provided by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and other international and regional bodies working in meteorology;
- to set up meteorological stations and regulate the surface or upper air meteorological observations, standardization of national meteorological data and information and the publication of climatological statistics and studies in Rwanda;
- to conduct and support research and training in support of weather, climate and climate change science and as appropriate in related fields, and to assist in coordinating the international aspects of such research and trainings;
- to ensure implementation of international agreements that are ratified by Rwanda relating to meteorology, climate services and advise the Government on all weather and climate related matters.